1/1 Photo of Honey Bourbon Chicken
1 hr 10 mins
I made this chicken for my family for dinner one night after being asked to make it by my mother. It makes brown rice much more tasty when the sweet sauce soaks into it. Perhaps adding green onion to this would be great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup bold coffee
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Bourbon (I like J. D.)
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons crystallized ginger (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1In a medium sauce pan, mix together the first 9 ingredients.
- 2Simmer on medium for 1 hour.
- 3Stir together corn starch and water and add to the still simmering bourbon sauce.
- 4Leave on medium heat which preparing chicken.
- 5Cut chicken into 3/4-inch cubes.
- 6Season with salt and pepper liberally.
- 7Heat a large, heavy bottomed, saute pan on high that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 8When it is smoking add chicken.
- 9Brown chicken on both sides and then add bourbon sauce.
- 10Let simmer for 2 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Bourbon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.7
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1563.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 43.6 g
- Protein 27.5 g