Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe from a friend, who got it at a Weight Watchers meeting. It's so delicious you won't believe you're eating low fat! It doubles perfectly (I never make just one loaf!) and if you don't have enough banana, just use applesauce for the balance. It works like a charm. Enjoy!!! 2 points per 1/16 of a loaf.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease an 8 x 4 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg.
- Stir to mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine banana, honey and milk. Mix well.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry, stirring just till dry are moistened.
- Spread mixture evenly in pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Remove bread from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Invert loaf onto wire rack, turn right side up, and cool before slicing and serving.
Thanks for sharing this one. This bread was very dense and quite flavorful. It is wonderful toasted! A nice healthy treat!
FANTASTIC!!!! My family loves recipes with wheat flour and little sugar. This will be made quite often in my home and be brought to church gatherings.
Dense, moist, delicious. Very much relished the fact that it's almost fat free, but yet was very sweet - family, who like sweet things, loved it. I might even try omitting the sugar next time. One thing - it did sit a little low in the pan, perhaps I moistened the baking soda/powder too soon? Thanks for a great recipe!