Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Honey Baked Hams are basted in fruit juices and then glazed with a mixture of brown sugar and honey. Here is a copy cat recipe from Family Circle Magazine. Have to say, I love Honey Baked Hams. Makes 1 7 lb. ham.
- 1587.57 g spiral cut smoked ham (about 7 lbs. fully cooked)
- 118.29 ml pear juice
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 118.29 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml honey
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place ham, cut end down, in a large baking pan.
- Mix pear nectar and orange juice in a bowl.
- Bake ham for 15 minutes per pound basting frequently with juices.
- Mix brown sugar and honey together in a small bowl.
- Brush mixture over ham and bake for another hour or until internal temperature reads 140°F.
- Honey Baked Ham corporation uses a butane torch to caramelize the glaze to a crust.
- The ham is placed on top of a huge metal drum covered with foil and caramelized.
Dawn, This is an awesome and easy recipe for honey baked ham! The fruit juices were great for basting (Although I continually basted with just the fruit juices for a 1/2 hour, then put on the honey/brownsugar glaze and continued to baste every 15 minutes until my meat thermometer reached 140. (it ended up cooking for about 2 hours in the end). the ham was very flavourful, and the basting really cut a lot of the saltiness of ham. Thanks! This recipe is a keeper!
Dang Baby!! EVERYONE loved the ham!! So miost and yummy!! You can get pear juice where the baby food is. I loved this recipe. The only bad thing is now I am in charge of always making the ham now!!!
I made this for my friends at a Christmas party last night and everyone couldn't stop commenting on how great it was! I used pinapple juice rather than pear/orange juice, covered it in foil after the first half hour and put the brown sugar/honey mix on it when there was one hour left to go. It was a 12 lb bone-in ham and I cooked it at 425 degrees for 3 and 1/2 hours, until internal temp was 155. Probably could've left it in for another half hour, but it turned out great the way it did. I will make it again!