Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was a winning entry from the UK's "Masterchef" television programme in 1995. You don't need an ice cream maker and can use any liquid honey. I use Spanish orange blossom but the original used bell heather.
- 300 ml double cream
- 60 ml whiskey
- 60 ml liquid honey
- 4 large egg yolks
- Whip the cream until it is thick adding the whisky gradually.
- Put the honey in a small pan and heat it.
- At the same time beat the yolks in a bowl.
- Pour the hot honey into the bowl containing the yolks and carry on beating the mixture until it's pale and thick.
- Gently fold in the cream and whisky mixture.
- Put the mixture in a freezerproof container and freeze for three hours minimum.
Absolutely gorgeous! Easy and absolutely orgasmic!!! Creamy, not too sweet and a kick of whiskey. Just perfect!
Delightful! I made this for Father's Day. Great flavor (I used Jameson Whiskey and fireweed honey). I also used an ice cream maker since I went to the trouble of borrowing one before I found this recipe. I used the 'zaar conversion function to convert to imperial and increase to six servings. It was too much for the icecream maker, so a ended up just freezing a third of it in a loaf pan. The batch in the ice cream maker was creamier, but the plain frozen batch was good too, just a little icier.
To die for! So yummy, strong honey whiskey flavor, not sickly sweet, thick and creamy! And dead easy, too! I wouldn't change a thing!