Recipe by sophonisba
This was a winning entry from the UK's "Masterchef" television programme in 1995. You don't need an ice cream maker and can use any liquid honey. I use Spanish orange blossom but the original used bell heather.
- 300 ml double cream
- 60 ml whiskey
- 60 ml liquid honey
- 4 large egg yolks
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip the cream until it is thick adding the whisky gradually.
- Put the honey in a small pan and heat it.
- At the same time beat the yolks in a bowl.
- Pour the hot honey into the bowl containing the yolks and carry on beating the mixture until it's pale and thick.
- Gently fold in the cream and whisky mixture.
- Put the mixture in a freezerproof container and freeze for three hours minimum.