Recipe by tigerduck
This is a lovely marinade for barbecued or fried chicken. I usually use it for chicken breasts cut into not too thin stripes which I cook on a table barbecue. Most raclette gadgets in Switzerland also include a barbecue facility. In the winter I like to invite people for a raclette and table barbecue evening and the marinated chicken stripes are always part of it. Everybody loves them! I found this marinade in a chicken cooking book and there they recommend it in particular for chicken thighs meat (bones removed). I'm sure it will be nice with whatever part of chicken you fancy. Just remember that the bigger the parts you want to fry/barbecue, the longer the meat should be in the marinade. You may even want to marinate your meat overnigt.
Top Review by hmaugh
This is a wonderful marinade! I didn't have the five spice powder but I did use about a tablespoon of Siracha sauce to kick it up a notch and let the chick breasts marinate overnight, delicious! There were no leftovers!
- 90 g honey
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sake (rice wine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 500 g chicken meat (1 lb)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients for marinade.
- Pour marinade over chicken meat. Make sure every part of meat is covered.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnigt.
- Try this: You may want to put marinade and meat into a plastic bag, tie the bag together and turn it from time to time while in the fridge.