Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My grandmother used to make this recipe. She got it from a ladies cookbook in Lubbock, Texas. My mom made it, and now I make it. It is a family favorite!
- 2 (14 ounce) cans yellow hominy, drained
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients except the cheese.
- Pour into 8 or 9" baking dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted and sides of casserole are bubbling.
The first time I had this was at a family reunion I love hominy so I thought I'll try it and yes fell in love with it! I lost recipe several years ago and I did a google search and I just made it and it is very delicious! Thank yo so much for sharing greatly appreciated!!!!!!
As a Texas native I too grew up with Hominy and this is a very good version I think its my favorite. Thanks for sharing
A West Texas classic. I grew up with this dish served at our holiday gatherings. Thanks for sharing.