Beef and Hominy
photo by honu3675
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (3 ounce) can chopped mild green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 (16 ounce) cans white hominy, drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Saute the meat, celery, garlic, and onions in oil until onions are slightly soft.
- Add the chiles, tomato sauce, celery salt, cumin, chili powder, and pepper, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add drained hominy to the meat mixture and cook until hominy absorbs the color of the sauce.
- Place in serving bowl and top with grated cheddar.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!