Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 1⁄2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes (Tomatoes should be whole peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped.)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons basil leaves
- In large skillet, heat oil and cook garlic with zucchini over medium-high heat 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, then golden onion recipe soup mix, thoroughly blended with reserved liquid and basil.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
- NOTE: You can use 1/4 t garlic powder for clove of garlic.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:
- In 2-quart casserole, combine zucchini with tomatoes.
- Stir in golden onion recipe soup mix thoroughly blended with reserved liquid, garlic and basil.
- Heat covered at HIGH (Full Power) 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove cover and heat 4 minutes on HIGH (Full Power) or until zucchini is tender, stirring once.
- Let stand covered 2 minutes.
Very good flavor combination. This would also taste good served over pasta. Next time I make it I think I will try it that way. Thanks for the recipe!