Recipe by BrendaBB
Ooooey Gooey Mac & Cheese that can be made ahead of time & popped in the oven at dinner time.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup crushed butter-flavored cracker crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 3 T of the butter in saucepan on low heat. Stir in flour. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until bubbly. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add Velvetta, mozzerella and 3/4 c of the cheddar. Stir until melted.
- Stir in macaroni. Pour into 1 1/2 qt casserole. ( Cover and refrigerate if making ahead).
- Melt remaining 1 T butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle casserole with remaining 1/4 c cheddar cheese and crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated through and bubbly.