Ooooey Gooey Mac & Cheese that can be made ahead of time & popped in the oven at dinner time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 3 T of the butter in saucepan on low heat. Stir in flour. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until bubbly. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
- 2Add Velvetta, mozzerella and 3/4 c of the cheddar. Stir until melted.
- 3Stir in macaroni. Pour into 1 1/2 qt casserole. ( Cover and refrigerate if making ahead).
- 4Melt remaining 1 T butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle casserole with remaining 1/4 c cheddar cheese and crumb mixture.
- 5Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated through and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homestyle Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.6
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.1 mg
- Sodium 913.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 21.1 g