Recipe by Ambervim
Like chocolate? Ever want a sweet treat? This could be it! And you can save money! These also make a nice gift. Everyone loves Tootsie Rolls!
- 59.14 ml cocoa powder (good quality)
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 59.14 ml powdered milk
- 59.14 ml simple syrup (honey or corn syrup OK)
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract (good quality)
- 0.25 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the cocoa powder, confectioner’s sugar, dry milk and salt.
- Whisk together corn syrup, melted butter and vanilla.
- Stir the wet into the dry.
- At first it will look like there isn’t enough liquid. Keep going.
- Then, using your hands knead the mixture together for a few minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into managable pieces and roll it into a long, thin rope; cut the rope into 1-inch "tootsie rolls."
- Transfer the cut tootsie rolls to a baking sheet or cooling rack.
- Repeat until done.
- Place them in the fridge for 1 hour and until firm.
- Wrap the "tootsie rolls" in parchment or wax paper that are about 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch rectangles.
- Yeild depends on how thin your ropes are. Time does not include chill time.