1/2 Photos of Homemade Tootsie Rolls
Like chocolate? Ever want a sweet treat? This could be it! And you can save money! These also make a nice gift. Everyone loves Tootsie Rolls!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together the cocoa powder, confectioner’s sugar, dry milk and salt.
- 2Whisk together corn syrup, melted butter and vanilla.
- 3Stir the wet into the dry.
- 4At first it will look like there isn’t enough liquid. Keep going.
- 5Then, using your hands knead the mixture together for a few minutes.
- 6Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into managable pieces and roll it into a long, thin rope; cut the rope into 1-inch "tootsie rolls."
- 7Transfer the cut tootsie rolls to a baking sheet or cooling rack.
- 8Repeat until done.
- 9Place them in the fridge for 1 hour and until firm.
- 10Wrap the "tootsie rolls" in parchment or wax paper that are about 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch rectangles.
- 11Yeild depends on how thin your ropes are. Time does not include chill time.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Tootsie Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 890.2
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 92.1 mg
- Sodium 284.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 145.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 130.5 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: