Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love cornbread! I have experimented with lots and lots of cornbread recipes but none met with my high standards. Finally, I have come up with my own recipe that I truly love. This makes a nice sweet cornbread that is moist and delicious
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Take 1/3 cup butter, sugar, eggs and mix in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, sift flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Add milk, sour cream, and creamed corn. Mix well.
- Place 1 tbsp butter in each 9 inch cake pans. Place in oven for 5 minutes. Take out of oven and pour batter evenly between pans. Place back in oven and bake for 30 minutes or do toothpick test.
This was wonderful. It could really be cooked in one pan since it did not rise.Go easy on the butter in the pan it bubbles around the cake.Mine took approx. 30 minutes to cook.
This is absolutely a five-star recipe. My husband never eats more than one piece of cornbread and he was going in for seconds and thirds. I used white cornmeal, Stevia instead of sugar and light sour cream; however, I opted for whole organic milk inasmuch as skim milk has no body due to no fat. This cornbread recipe is a keeper. I highly recommend it.
I just made this today to go with some homemade soup. This was the BEST cornbread that I have ever had. It was actually done in 15-18 mins instead of 30. Thanks!