1 hr 5 mins
Su boregi is a classic Turkish street food available at many borek shops. It is like mix between a pie and a lasagna. This recipe for a home version is from a friend of mine in Istanbul. I tweaked it a little bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and oil a 16 inch round baking pan -- if this is not available use a 9X13 baking pan.
- 2Combine cheeses, onions, parsley, and one egg. Mix until this is smooth.
- 3Spread out a sheet of phyllo dough.
- 4Brush with olive oil. Top with another.
- 5On top the this spread some of the cheese mixture. Roll this up from the long side.
- 6In the baking pan coil the phyllo roll.
- 7Repeat the steps with the phyllo dough and cheese. Coil each roll around the central roll. You will be making one large spiral.
- 8Beat the remaining two eggs and pour this over the phyllo rolls. Pour the bottle of mineral water over this and put in the oven immediately.
- 9Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the top is dry, crisp, and golden brown.
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Su Boregi
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.5
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 175.6 mg
- Sodium 1062.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 25.1 g