Beats the daylights out of store-bought croutons!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the loaf in half lengthwise and scoop out all the soft bread DO NOT use the crust.
- 2Tear the bread into ½ to ¾ chunks.
- 3Whisk or blend together the oil, salt, pepper, garlic and mixed spices.
- 4Toss the bread chunks in the oil mixture, making sure that they are all coated.
- 5Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- 6Place them on a large baking sheet and place in a 300-degree oven for 15- 20 minutes, turning them ever 5 minutes, until they are golden brown.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Sourdough Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.0
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 700.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs