Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Beats the daylights out of store-bought croutons!
Make and share this Homemade Sourdough Croutons recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the loaf in half lengthwise and scoop out all the soft bread DO NOT use the crust.
- Tear the bread into ½ to ¾ chunks.
- Whisk or blend together the oil, salt, pepper, garlic and mixed spices.
- Toss the bread chunks in the oil mixture, making sure that they are all coated.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Place them on a large baking sheet and place in a 300-degree oven for 15- 20 minutes, turning them ever 5 minutes, until they are golden brown.
Wanted to try a recipe that used oil rather than butter and this fit the bill. I needed croutons seasoned with sage and onion so that's what I used and it worked perfectly. It did take quite a bit longer to dry the croutons out in the oven than the recommended 20 minutes.