Recipe by Caryn
I have not tried this recipe but have posted at the request of a Zaar member.
Top Review by lynborden_355338
I substituted panko crumbs for the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese for 1/2 cup of the flour. I also used skinless chicken thighs and cooked them on a baking sheet with a rack sprayed with cooking spray. They will get crisp on all sides that way. I added more seasonings only because I love highly seasoned food and I omitted the salt. That's just my taste. This recipe can be adjusted to anyone's taste. Great basic formula to start with. The cornstarch adds to the crispiness of the food so don't leave it out.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons crumbled dried parsley
- 10 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 pieces cut-up chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl; mix well.
- Add oil.
- Mix well until combined.
- Place in zipper-top plastic bag and store in freezer.
- Use to coat chicken, pork, or veal.
- To use:.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking dish with aluminum foil; grease well.
- Moisten each piece of meat with water.
- Shake off excess water, and shake in bag of mix to coat, one piece at a time.
- Place in baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until done, depending on size of pieces.
- **Store unused mix in freezer.