1/4 Photos of Homemade Pasta Dough
1 hr 5 mins
This is my favorite dry pasta recipe. I got this from a little older Italian Lady that lives across the street. In the winter time, my husband plows her driveway for her and she would always send him home with homemade noodles. I decided to ask her if she would show me how to make it, and, she said gladly. I was surprised at how easy it was. And even easier now that I have a pasta machine, the same one little Rosa suggested I buy. Now my husband comes home with homemade wine after he has plowed the driveway. lol.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place flour in large glass bowl and form a well in the middle.
- 2Place remaining ingredients in well.
- 3With fork, in a circular motion, stir wet ingredients just around rim of dry ingredients, bringing a little bit of flour into the wet mixture a little at a time until all are mixed together.
- 4Pour mixture onto a floured board and knead until tight and glossy. It should be difficult to mix, to a point where no more flour will stay into mixture.
- 5Form into a ball and let sit, covered, for 1/2 an hour to an hour.
- 6Cut into manageable pieces to fit into pasta machine.
- 7Flour pieces as needed, if dough is to sticky it will not go through pasta machine smoothly.
- 8Run 3 time through larger slot size, then once through decreasing sizes progressively until desired thickness.
- 9Run through pasta cutter of choice then let dry overnight. I lay noodles across a clean broom handle, that I use for this purpose only, placed in between two chairs.
- 10Store dried pasta in sealed plastic bags or containers.
- 11Cook as needed. Fresh pasta noodles need very little time to cook as compared to store bought pasta noodles.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Pasta Dough
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.6
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 12.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g