Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
This is my favorite dry pasta recipe. I got this from a little older Italian Lady that lives across the street. In the winter time, my husband plows her driveway for her and she would always send him home with homemade noodles. I decided to ask her if she would show me how to make it, and, she said gladly. I was surprised at how easy it was. And even easier now that I have a pasta machine, the same one little Rosa suggested I buy. Now my husband comes home with homemade wine after he has plowed the driveway. lol.
- Place flour in large glass bowl and form a well in the middle.
- Place remaining ingredients in well.
- With fork, in a circular motion, stir wet ingredients just around rim of dry ingredients, bringing a little bit of flour into the wet mixture a little at a time until all are mixed together.
- Pour mixture onto a floured board and knead until tight and glossy. It should be difficult to mix, to a point where no more flour will stay into mixture.
- Form into a ball and let sit, covered, for 1/2 an hour to an hour.
- Cut into manageable pieces to fit into pasta machine.
- Flour pieces as needed, if dough is to sticky it will not go through pasta machine smoothly.
- Run 3 time through larger slot size, then once through decreasing sizes progressively until desired thickness.
- Run through pasta cutter of choice then let dry overnight. I lay noodles across a clean broom handle, that I use for this purpose only, placed in between two chairs.
- Store dried pasta in sealed plastic bags or containers.
- Cook as needed. Fresh pasta noodles need very little time to cook as compared to store bought pasta noodles.
This is a wonderful pasta recipe! It is easy as can be to mix up using my Kitchenaid dough hook and is satiny smooth and nice to work with. My family devoured a double recipe, that right there tells me it's worth ten stars!
Fantastic recipe! I sat and made it with my 2 year old daughter this morning, and she is now sitting nicely eating pasta butterflies for lunch. I used a butterfly shaped icing cutter and she thinks they are brilliant... I have just been handed her empty bowl and asked for more flutterbys. Will use this again :D x
This is an AMAZING recipe. I have only tried one other pasta recipe and it was GROSS! Thanks so much!