Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Are you tired of the high cost of protein bars? ...not to mention the not so great ingredients? I certainly have been... especially with a big strong man in the house who can eat these things like candy. I crossed my fingers and gave it a whirl. They turned out amazing!!! I'm pretty proud of myself, and so is my Hunny. :) These were really fun to make. Switch up the ingredients and add whatever you like...have fun with them. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons organic almond butter
- 3 tablespoons freshly ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped raw pecans
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened organic shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped raw pepitas
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup organic raw oats
- 1⁄4 cup organic clover honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon organic ground vietnamese cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 1⁄4 cup fresh unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat Oven to 325. Mix everything in a bowl with a spoon until a thick paste forms. Divide into eight parts; then shape into bars. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet (organic coconut oil) and bake for 10 minutes. Yields approx 8 bars.
- Wrap individually & store in fridge. They will keep for about 1 week. Remember, these aren't cookies -- they will be dense like a protein bar. But -- oh so much better tasting, less money & better for you than a store bought one. :).