Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my grandma's recipe. Our entire family enjoys this in the summer months.
Make and share this Homemade Ice Cream Custard recipe from Food.com.
- 946.0 ml milk
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 5 eggs
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 0.25 ml salt
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 473.18 ml whipping cream
- 113.39 g box vanilla ice cream mix
- 29.58 ml vanilla extract
- 946.0 ml mashed peaches (for vanilla- omit fruit and add milk to fill freezer container) or 946.0 ml strawberry, slightly sweetened (for vanilla- omit fruit and add milk to fill freezer container)
- Combine milk, sugar, eggs, cornstarch and salt in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly just to boiling. Mixture will slightly thicken.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into ice cream freezer can. Freeze according to ice cream freezer's directions.