Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is my grandma's recipe. Our entire family enjoys this in the summer months.
Make and share this Homemade Ice Cream Custard recipe from Food.com.
- 946.0 ml milk
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 5 eggs
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 0.25 ml salt
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 473.18 ml whipping cream
- 113.39 g box vanilla ice cream mix
- 29.58 ml vanilla extract
- 946.0 ml mashed peaches (for vanilla- omit fruit and add milk to fill freezer container) or 946.0 ml strawberry, slightly sweetened (for vanilla- omit fruit and add milk to fill freezer container)
- Combine milk, sugar, eggs, cornstarch and salt in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly just to boiling. Mixture will slightly thicken.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into ice cream freezer can. Freeze according to ice cream freezer's directions.