Homemade Frozen Custard
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
1 1/2 quarts
- In a large heavy saucepan, bring milk to a boil.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs; add sugar, cornstarch and salt. Mix well.
- Gradually, add a small amount of hot milk; return all to the saucepan.
- Cook and stir constantly for 6-8 minutes or until mixture thickens and coasts a spoon.
- Gradually stir in condensed milk and vanilla; mix well.
- Chill 3-4 hours.
- Pour into an ice cream freezer.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Yield: about 1-1/2 qts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
First time making custard, and wanted a simple recipe that I could change up. I made this chocolate by adding two pouches of the nestle pre-melted chocolate to the egg mixture. I made up the custard last night, chilled in the fridge over night then put it in the ice cream maker today. Taste awesome, and was a recipe I could share with those who need to make it avoid allergies. Next time I plan on making it banana with dark chocolate chips