These hash browns can be made just a day ahead, or frozen for future use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel potatoes if desired. Cut in half and place in large pot. Cover with cold water.
- 2Bring water to a boil and cook until potatoes are just tender (about 10 minutes). Drain.
- 3Place potatoes in large bowl and cover with cold water. Place in fridge over night.
- 4Drain potatoes. Shred with hand grater or food processor.
- 5To cook right away: Heat frying pan over medium-high heat. Add butter or margarine. Place shredded potatoes in pan. Cook for approximately 5-7 minutes or until bottom is browned. Flip potatoes and cook until browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6To freeze: Spray freezer-safe container with cooking spray (I use a plastic ice cream tub). Place a layer waxed paper in the bottom and spray w/ cooking spray. Place a layer of potatoes in container (enough for 1 meal). Place another piece of waxed paper on top of potatoes and spray with cooking spray. Continue layering in this way until all potatoes are used. Freeze until ready to use. Cook as directed above (will take longer).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Hash Browns (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.4
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 13.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 2.1 g