Recipe by Elana's Pantry
This homemade raw goat cheese is deliciously addicting --at least for me. http://www.elanaspantry.com/homemade-goat-cheese/ Special Equipment needed: cooking thermometer yogurt maker cheesecloth
- 1⁄2 gallon goat's milk (I used raw from a friend of a friend's farm)
- 2 (10 g) packagesyogourmet yogurt starter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat milk to 110°, stirring constantly.
- Pour milk into a blender, then add yogurt starter and blend on high for 10 seconds.
- Blending the milk removes any clumps that the yogurt starter may form.
- Pour milk into yogourmet yogurt maker and turn machine on.
- Leave yogurt in machine for 12 hours, longer is ok too.
- Line a colander with cheese cloth and place the colander on a bowl.
- Pour yogurt into cheesecloth lined colander and allow to drain for 8 hours in refrigerator.
- Lift cheese cloth off of colander and scrape creamy cheese off onto a plate.
- Transfer creamy cheese into a 2 cup mason jar.
- Serve with crackers.