1/5 Photos of Homemade Fancy Fortune Cookies
Fortune cookies are a lot of fun to make . And homemade always tastes better than store bought! Try this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the flour. Place the flour and salt in a large bowl. Mix. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- 2Next add approximately 1/2 of the egg yolk . Mix well using your hands. Try to work quickly.
- 3Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 10 -15 minutes.
- 4Now take the chilled dough and roll out into a 12 inch square that is about 1/8 inch thick, using a rolling pin. Use a cookie cutter and cut out cookies using your favorite cookie cutter shape (the recipe should make about 25, depending on how big your cutter is).
- 5Make flower stem: Next cut the remaining dough into strips – 1/8 inch width and 6 inch long. Fold strip in half and twist strip together. I’ve done this in the photo above.
- 6Lightly butter a baking tray and then line with oiled or baking sprayed parchment paper. Place the flower stems onto the baking tray.
- 7Next brush the egg wash on top of the stem.Take a flower cookie and place on the top of the stem. Now make one hole on the top of flower using a toothpick.
- 8Brush the egg on top of the flowers and stems.
- 9Bake about 15 minutes at 200 c degrees or until the crust is golden brown.
- 10Remove from oven and let cool.
- 11Take a small strip of paper and write your fortune and connect it to the cookie with a piece of string threaded through the hole that you made in the flower. After that decorate.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Fancy Fortune Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (8 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.3
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.4 mg
- Sodium 46.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g