Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Paula Deen – Kitchen Classics – makes the equivalent of one package of dried onion soup mix.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1⁄2 cup dehydrated onion, pieces
- Combine onion powder, salt and sugar in a small bowl.
- Add the Kitchen Bouquet and stir until mixture is uniformly brown.
- Add the onion pieces and mix thoroughly until the color is even again (this step takes several minutes).
This was good and easy to make. I used it for the onion soup mix in Beef Patties in Onion Gravy. Will be using more often to replace store bought onion soup mixes. Thanks Susie!
This has better flavor then the packaged stuff. The only problem I had was that when the Bouquet was added to the onion powder, sugar and salt it stayed in a clump. I added the dry onions and keep shaking to no avail. So I then added a drop of Bouquet to the mixture, gave it a shake and that mixed in well. If you don't use this right away you will need to dry it. I'm going to use this from now on and not buy that salty boxed stuff. Thanks SQ! Made for *1-2-3 Hit Wonders* game 2007
What a simple thing to make . . . used some in a burger last night, allowed the rest to dry and put in a small jar for later use. Thanks for sharing Susie!