Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy, tasty crackers. Great with hummus or other dips.
Make and share this Homemade Crackers recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, garlic, rosemary, pepper and baking soda.
- Add water and mix until smooth dough forms.
- With rolling pin, flatten dough until 1/8 inch thick.
- Sprinkle salt over dough.
- Bake on cookie sheet 10 minutes until firm (dough should still be pale).
- Remove and cut into desired shape with sharp knife.
- Return to oven until browned and crunchy.
We really enjoyed the flavor of these crackers. I did add a Tablespoon of olive oil to the dough (I might try butter next time). I was afraid they would be too dry if I didn't. I couldn't taste the garlic. Next time I'll add more. I cut mine in cracker shapes and pricked with a fork before baking. Thanks. :)
Nice crispy cracker. I used a pasta rolling machine to hand crank out nice thin sheets that I cut into squares before placing in the oven (I like the way this lets the edges tinge a little browner). Thank you Tripsy!
Easy to make, used my pasta maker to get it as thin as possible. I did get the overwhelming baking soda experience, so next time I will use only 1/2 tsp. Also, I baked them at 350 for 10 minutes, then shut the oven off and let them sit for another 5. They came out nice and browned, crispy, and with the salt sprinkled on top before baking they tasted like tasty little pretzel crackers!