Recipe by x0x Erika Lopez x0x
I love chicken soup and when ever I think one of my babies are coming down with something I have to make it. My 3yr old asks for it when ever she starts to cough its so cute. The funny thing is that my babies will only eat my soup. Another thing I like about using wings is that there is less grease and the meat is always nice and tender, never dry or tough and it keeps the flavor well. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my babies do. I get everything from my local HEB.
Top Review by gigos0920
Great plan and easy steps laid out, my boyfriend complained about there being no video to demonstrate which is the only reason for withholding that 5star but it was a awesome recipe I jus made it a bit my own by adding carrots. Thank you for your contribution to society with this recipe ???
- 3 -5 lbs chicken wings, clean well (with enough water to cover everything)
- 1 whole white onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 celery, sliced 1/2 inch thick (use the whole thing)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, cut in half (1 for mild)
- 3 whole potatoes, peeled and cubed bite size
- 2 green zucchini, sliced 1inch thick
- 1 -2 chayote, cubed (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup , knorr sabor latino and then to taste
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 whole cabbage, cut in 1 inch slices
- 12 ounces green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) In a nice sized pot fill a little under half way with water and bring to a boil, meanwhile rinse off the chicken wings.
- 2)Rinse off all the vegetables and prepare the first 5 vegetables.
- 3) When the water is at a rolling boil add chicken wings, sabor latino, seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic powder, cilantro, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and celery in that order.
- 4) Let simmer for about 30 minutes on medium- low heat, stirring occassionally, not to much you dont want mushy soup just enough to make sure nothing is sticking.
- 5) When ready add the remaining vegetables as followed: rinsed green beans, chayote, squash, potatoes, and sliced cabbage letting the cabbage sit on top do no push down or stir bring the food from the bottom up.
- 6) Let boil for another 15 minutes so that the vegetables can cook.
- 7) Let cool and serve with corn tortillas and lemon. Enjoy!