Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This morning my son and I argued over whether he was having egg, cereal or marshmallows for breakfast LOL. So I prepped the pan with butter to make the eggs. My newborn started to cry so I went to go get her. By the time I was back my DS had put 1/2 of a bag of marshmallows in the buttered pan. Instead of getting mad, I just laughed. He really wanted marshmallows for breakfast I guess. So this is what I came up with to compromise the whole ordeal (I'll remember next time to put the marshmallows on the top shelf though :) ).
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan on med heat. While it is melting, be sure to coat the side of the pan with the butter (it makes for easier clean up).
- Next dump the marshmallows in the pan, constantly stirring until they are half way melted. Then mix in vanilla and instant mocha mix. Continue stirring until it forms a marshmallow sauce.
- Turn heat down to low and dump in the cereal. Mix very well making sure to coat all pieces of cereal.
- Spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick spray and dump mixture in to pan.
- Take a piece of foil or wax paper and spray it with nonstick spray and push cereal down as tightly and flat as you can.
- Let set 20 minutes, then cut and enjoy.
Instead of mocha, I used a couple teaspoons of hot chocolate powder, which was very good. But the problem about this recipe is that I used the exact amount of everything, but instead of adding 12 oz. of cereal, I had to use 3 oz. because there simply wasn't enough marshmallow sauce to coat all of the cereal told to use. I like the taste of it, but I'd have to modify the recipe a lot in the future.
I loved it! I didn't have mocha flavored coffee so i used cappunccino and also added a little more than a teaspoon. I love a strong coffee anything taste really. Great recipe and these are ingredients I always have at home.