3 hrs 45 mins
Michael Matta's Note:
This is a family favorite of ours, which will warm you up on a cold fall or winter day. It makes a big 10 quart pot, but it?s undoubtedly the best soup you will ever eat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut up 1 inch cubes
- 8 potatoes, cut in 1-2 inch squares
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups celery, chopped
- 7 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 soup bone (optional)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1Place the first seven soup ingredients in a 10qt.
- 3Fill the pot with water leaving about four inches from the top.
- 4Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 3 hours.
- 5When through, mix the spaetzle ingredients until you get a gluey consistency (add more milk if necessary).
- 6Boil a pot of water and with a hand spaghetti-press, press the spaetzle into the water.
- 7When the spaetzle hits the water it will form soft noodles.
- 8Then transfer and stir the spaetzle (noodles) into the pot of soup.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Beef Spaetzle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.8
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 957.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 15.4 g