3 hrs 45 mins
Michael Matta's Note:
This is a family favorite of ours, which will warm you up on a cold fall or winter day. It makes a big 10 quart pot, but it?s undoubtedly the best soup you will ever eat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut up 1 inch cubes
- 8 potatoes, cut in 1-2 inch squares
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups celery, chopped
- 7 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 soup bone (optional)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1Place the first seven soup ingredients in a 10qt.
- 3Fill the pot with water leaving about four inches from the top.
- 4Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 3 hours.
- 5When through, mix the spaetzle ingredients until you get a gluey consistency (add more milk if necessary).
- 6Boil a pot of water and with a hand spaghetti-press, press the spaetzle into the water.
- 7When the spaetzle hits the water it will form soft noodles.
- 8Then transfer and stir the spaetzle (noodles) into the pot of soup.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Beef Spaetzle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.8
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 957.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 15.4 g