Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Making your own saves the expense of the store-bought kind and it results in a lighter baked product. I got this recipe from Taste of Home.
- 354.88 ml blanched almonds
- 354.88 ml confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg white
- 7.39 ml almond extract
- 1.23 ml salt
- Place almonds in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- Add the confectioners' sugar, egg white, extract and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Divide almond paste into 1/2 cup portions; place in airtight containers.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 month or freeze for up to 3 months.
Started with ground blanched almonds, so I had to guesstimate the quantities, but it turned out perfectly. <1 minute pulsing in the food processor for a world of almondy deliciousness. Yum!
Very good consistency and easy marzipan.
I made this for less than half the price of buying a tube of it at the grocery. Same great taste, same consistency as store-bought. Great recipe, thanks Lainey!