Recipe by HABennett2014#1803011248
I make this for my step father who is a diabetic for a occasional treat. (Only if he has been GOOD!)
- 1 (10 ounce) condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute (Equal or Splenda)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs (well beaten)
- 2 vanilla beans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut vanilla beans in half, put in 1/2 cup milk in a coffee cup. Warm in microwave for 30-45 seconds and let stand for 10 minutes. Scrape and remove beans leaving the small black seeds in warm milk. Place milk in refrigerator until later.
- Mix condensed milk, sugar substitute and 11/2 cup milk in blender until sugar is dissolved.
- Add vanilla bean mixture.
- Add vanilla and eggs and blend until frothy (on medium), (I place mixed ingredients in a covered stainless steel bowl 11/2 - 3 hours before freezing, I also store the freezing tub for my Cuisinart 2 quart in the freezer at least 24 hours before I use it.)
- Pour in ice cream maker and follow manufactures directions (30-45 minutes for me).
- When finished in ice cream is finished I put it into a shallow 2 quart plastic container and it will firm up good in about 2-3 hours.