Recipe by BuddhaKat
Super tasty home fried breakfast potatoes with onions & bell peppers that smells so good your neighbors will be knocking on your door. It's easy to alter this recipe. Sometimes I use Italian seasoning, or add some sausage slices for some variety.
Top Review by lazyme
Yummy potatoes. I used russets, and yellow and orange peppers because I was out of red. Very simple and a great addition to my breakfast. Thanks BuddhaKat for sharing. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
- 4 red potatoes, medium size, cubed
- 2 russet potatoes, medium size, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄8 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon benson's gourmet seasonings supreme seasoning
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash & cube potatoes into medium size cubes, skin on or off.
- Heat 10" skillet to medium heat, add margarine and olive oil.
- Add potatoes and stir to coat with oil & margarine.
- Add garlic salt and Benson's Supreme seasoning, stir to coat evenly. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stir frequently.
- Reduce heat, add diced onions, red and yellow bell pepper, stir frequently. Cook for about 5 more minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through. Be careful not to overcook the onions and peppers.
- Start this dish first and then get the bacon or sausage going next. Start cooking the eggs just before the potatoes finish and everything will finish about the same time.