Crispy Colorful Breakfast Potatoes
photo by Dan Churchill
- Ready In:
- 1 purple sweet potato, cut thinly or cut with a Mandolin
- 1 sweet potato, cut thinly or cut with a Mandolin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
For the dish
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C, line a baking tray/sheet pan with baking paper and spread both potatoes evenly. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil, sprinkle with salt and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Roast all sides of the pepper on an open flame until black and charred. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic, allowing to steam for 20 minutes. Using a small sharp knife scrape off the charred skin and remove all the white membrane.
- In a blender blitz together the roasted red pepper, tomatoes, vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside. Add remaining olive oil to a pan on medium heat and fry eggs for 2 minutes until cooked.
- To serve, spread potatoes out evenly top drizzle over harissa sauce, add dollops of yogurt and finish with the fried eggs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food, cooking, surfing, wine, travel and fitness is what chef Dan Churchill lives for. Born in Sydney, Australia, Dan now resides in New York City where his mission is to make people happy through food.