- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, cup up and undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn kernels, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, combine ground beef and onion; saute until beef is brown (drain off fat).
- Stir in tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, and basil; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 1 hours.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve in soup bowls and garnish with cheddar cheese.