Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an amazing addition to anyone's recipe list. Its guacamole, but less than half the fat of traditional guac.
- 1 1⁄2 cups peas, young, spring or 1 1⁄2 cups early peas
- 1 1⁄3 cups avocados, mashed (make sure you measure AFTER you mash, usually 1-1/2 to 2 avocados)
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato (I prefer beefsteak or grape, though different tastes for each)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped (I prefer red, but its up to you)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cilantro (optional, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt, fat free or 2 tablespoons low fat
- Mash peas separate from other ingredients.
- mix in all ingredients but tomatoes, and onions and mash until it is one consistent mixture.
- add tomatoes and onions and stir until it is coherent.
- enjoy, which you will.