Recipe by Alan Leonetti
There are many versions of Hollandaise Sauce that each differ slightly. This one is mine, for which I have always received compliments. If you care to e-mail me, you may do so at AlanLeonetti@q.com
Top Review by charolette33
This might be more like 4.5 stars, because it was a bit mustardy. However, I quartered the recipe, which, as we all know, sometimes throws thing off... so I'm blaming the great divide & rounding up. This was quick, easy & delicious. The kids all LOVED it and kept asking for more of that yummy sauce. Thanks for a great recipe. I'll definitely make this again.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 lb butter (melted)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a stainless steel bowl set over a pot of simmering water over medium heat, whisk together the egg yolks with the lemon juice, water, prepared mustard and parsley.
- Season with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Continue to whisk the mixture until it is a pale yellow and slightly thick.
- Remove the bowl from the pot and whisk vigorously.
- Add the melted butter, 1 teaspoon at a time, continuing to whisk, until all is incorporated.
- Serve warm over Eggs Benedict, cooked vegetables, fish, etc.