Recipe by nicoleingermantown
This was in Taste of Home years ago. I have made it for Halloween every year since and sometimes at Christmas also. For Halloween, I use candy corn and Halloween M&Ms. For Christmas, I use those bell shaped candies or anything similar to red/green candy corn and Christmas red and green M&Ms. It is always requested by friends and it will be the first to go in a Bake Sale. Sweet and Salty!
- 11 ounces little pretzel twists
- 10 1⁄2 ounces Ritz crackers, peanut butter mini snack sandwiches
- 8 ounces Rice Chex
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 ounces M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 18 1⁄2 ounces candy corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in large bowl.
- Boil over med heat-sugar, butter and corn syrup for 5 minutes, no more, remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour over pretzel mix and toss to coat.
- Put mixture into a greased turkey roasting pan, the bigger the better, and the disposable ones are perfect.
- Bake at 250 for 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- Break apart while warm.
- Cool completely and toss with M&Ms and candy corn.