Recipe by Kim D.
A friend at work shared this recipe with me. Since then, I've used this recipe every Christmas for rum balls. Prep time does not include resting time. The serving size is an estimate.
- 3 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup light rum or 1⁄3 cup dark rum
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- extra powdered sugar, for rolling
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first seven ingredients and stir until completely blended.
- After blending ingredients, form mixture into balls and place on a wire rack; let them rest 30- 40 minutes.
- Then, roll each ball in powdered sugar.
- Store in a tightly closed container in the refrigerator.
- *NOTE*These taste better if you make them several days before serving.