Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Something a little different to serve at the holidays. All dressing ingredients can be adjusted to taste. You can decrease the vegetable oil to 1/4 cup and increase sesame oil by 1 tablespoon. Also you can just use one package of store-bought pre-shredded coleslaw mix in place all other coleslaw ingredients, purchasing the ready-made coleslaw mix will decrease prep time. adding in chopped green onions and cranberries. Of coarse this can be made anytime of the year omitting the cranberries!
- 1 cup snow peas (strings and ends removed)
- 3 cups napa cabbage
- 3 cups shredded bok choy
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 3 green onions, chopped (or use red onion, finely chopped)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons brown sugar (or to taste)
- 1 -3 teaspoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a small bowl wisk together oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and black pepper; whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
- Steam or cook the snow peas if using for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and plunge into ice water, or very cold water, then drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl toss together, snow peas, napa cabbage, bok choy, bean spouts and green onions.
- Just before serving pour the dressing over and add in the cranberries; toss to combine and season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with toasted almonds on top.
This salad was awesome. We brought it to a dinner party and had rave reviews from everyone. I will definitely be making this again soon.