Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful taste of Thanksgiving or Christmas. The recipe was given to me by our realtor in Hawaii in 1980; It has been a keeper for our kitchen. Please note chilling time is needed.
- Wash and pick over the cranberries.
- Put them in a large saucepan with the sugar.
- Drain the peaches, set the fruit aside, and add the syrup to the cranberries along with the remaining ingredients.
- Place over medium heat and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir from time to time.
- Add the peaches and continue cooking for 5 minutes more.
- Cool, then chill until ready to serve.
- This recipe should be made at least 2-3 days before serving and will keep nicely in the refrigerator, well covered, for 5-6 days.
Made this a couple of days ago to have Thanksgiving, which is tomorrow. Tasted it this morning, and it's really delicious. Still traditional cranberry enough so that my meat and potatoes husband will be in his comfort zone, but just different enough to add a nice change to our feast. Thanks so much for posting.