Recipe by Scandigirl
A wonderful taste of Thanksgiving or Christmas. The recipe was given to me by our realtor in Hawaii in 1980; It has been a keeper for our kitchen. Please note chilling time is needed.
Top Review by Bogey'sMom
Made this a couple of days ago to have Thanksgiving, which is tomorrow. Tasted it this morning, and it's really delicious. Still traditional cranberry enough so that my meat and potatoes husband will be in his comfort zone, but just different enough to add a nice change to our feast. Thanks so much for posting.
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (13 ounce) cansliced yellow cling peaches
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 cup raisins, seedless
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and pick over the cranberries.
- Put them in a large saucepan with the sugar.
- Drain the peaches, set the fruit aside, and add the syrup to the cranberries along with the remaining ingredients.
- Place over medium heat and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir from time to time.
- Add the peaches and continue cooking for 5 minutes more.
- Cool, then chill until ready to serve.
- This recipe should be made at least 2-3 days before serving and will keep nicely in the refrigerator, well covered, for 5-6 days.