Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great recipe from Raley's
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup whole almond, toasted
- melted white chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Beat eggs, sugar and extract together in a medium bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt, mixing until a stiff dough forms. Stir in cranberries and almonds. Shape into a ball on a lightly floured board. Divide dough into 2 pieces and pat into two 9-by-4-inch rectangles, about 1/2-inch thick, on a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes; let cool slightly. Cut into 1/2-inch slices with a serrated knife and place back on baking sheet, flat side down. Reduce heat to 325°F and bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until crisp. Let cool completely. Dip the bottom of each cookie in melted white chocolate, if desired.
- Omit the almond extract, cranberries and almonds and add the following ingredients:
- Mexican Mocha: Reduce flour to 1 3/4 cups and stir in 1/2 cup sweet ground cocoa, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder and 1 teaspoons cinnamon. Dip biscotti bottoms in melted semi-sweet chocolate, if desired.
- Chocolate Peppermint: Reduce flour to 1 3/4 cups and stir in 1/2 cup sweet ground cocoa and 2 teaspoons peppermint extract. Dip biscotti bottoms in melted semi-sweet chocolate, if desired.