Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Got this from the side of a Land O Lakes butter package. I love the flavor of chocolate and almond. At Christmas I usually make them into little square packages and then draw small strings of green or red frosting to make them look like little packages. Try these this holiday.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- melted chocolate chips
- melted almond bark
- colored crystal sugar
- candied fruit
- maraschino cherry
- Heat oven to 375*.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except flour and cocoa.
- Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy (2-3 min.).
- Gradually add flour and cocoa until well mixed.
- (2-3 min).
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls as desired.
- You can make them into 1 inch balls, 2-3 inch logs, balls flattened, balls with indentations etc.
- You can make them in a cookie press too.
- Place 1" apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until set.
- Decorate with melted chocolate chips, melted almond bark, nuts, colored sugars, candied fruit, candies, maraschino cherries, etc.
This was a very yummy cookie. The almond extract taste really comes through. They'd be great to have at a holiday party. Next time I'll try rolling the cookies in some Splenda or colored sugar to give it an extra flavored edge. Thanks for the recipe!