Recipe by KCShell
Got this from the side of a Land O Lakes butter package. I love the flavor of chocolate and almond. At Christmas I usually make them into little square packages and then draw small strings of green or red frosting to make them look like little packages. Try these this holiday.
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
This was a very yummy cookie. The almond extract taste really comes through. They'd be great to have at a holiday party. Next time I'll try rolling the cookies in some Splenda or colored sugar to give it an extra flavored edge. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- melted chocolate chips
- melted almond bark
- colored crystal sugar
- candied fruit
- maraschino cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375*.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except flour and cocoa.
- Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy (2-3 min.).
- Gradually add flour and cocoa until well mixed.
- (2-3 min).
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls as desired.
- You can make them into 1 inch balls, 2-3 inch logs, balls flattened, balls with indentations etc.
- You can make them in a cookie press too.
- Place 1" apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until set.
- Decorate with melted chocolate chips, melted almond bark, nuts, colored sugars, candied fruit, candies, maraschino cherries, etc.