Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Ski House Cookbook
- 2 (340.19 g) can tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4.92 ml grated lemon peel
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml capers
- 29.58 ml diced red onions
- 29.58 ml finely chopped kalamata olives
- 14.79 ml finely chopped parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 slice seven-grain bread (or 1 baguette, cut into 4 pieces, each halved lengthwise)
- sliced avocado
- sliced tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the tuna, vinegar, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, capers, onions, olives, and parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper (better to refrigerate overnight to let flavors blend).
- Make sandwich—place bread slices on work surface and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Layer the tuna salad on 4 slices, followed by avocado and tomato.
- Top with remaining bread, oil side down.
This was a delicious change for my work lunch. Very filling with loads of different flavors and textures. I substituted a couple of scallions for the red onion and served on rustic Italian rolls.
Excellent! I've made it twice, once with sourdough, once with lettuce "wraps".... any kind of onion works, I'm sure, but we preferred the scallions. Thanks!
Thanks you so much for ths great way to hold the mayonnaise!