The Ski House Cookbook
Make and share this Hold the Mayo Tuna Salad Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons diced red onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 slices seven-grain bread (or 1 baguette, cut into 4 pieces, each halved lengthwise)
- sliced avocado
- sliced tomato
- In a bowl, mix together the tuna, vinegar, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, capers, onions, olives, and parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper (better to refrigerate overnight to let flavors blend).
- Make sandwich—place bread slices on work surface and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Layer the tuna salad on 4 slices, followed by avocado and tomato.
- Top with remaining bread, oil side down.