Prep1 hr 15 mins
I found this recipe in the June 2010 Parenting magazine. I just made this recipe tonight for dinner...and boy did my husband and I really enjoy it!! Using chicken thighs really provided a moist piece of meat. Give this recipe a try, you won't be sorry.
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice-wine vinegar (I used regular vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 12 small boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed (about 2lb)
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- 1. Combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil in a bowl large enough to hold the chicken. Transfer 1/4 cup of the mixture to a small bowl, and reserve for glazing. Add the chicken to the bowl, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a gril or grill pan to medium-high. Grill the chicken 3 minutes per side, or until just cooked through. Brush with some of the reserved glaze, turn and cook 30 seconds left. Move to a platter; shower with the scallions and sesame seeds if you so chose.