Recipe by CaliforniaJan
This is a flavorful twist on the traditional chicken sandwich
Top Review by weekend cooker
Recduced this to two servings for lunch for DS an I. Great tasting sandwiches, I did leave out the cabbage, but other than that made for a great lunch for us. Used hamburger buns, since that is what I had on hand. Worked out well. Made for a great lunch. Made for PRMR Tag.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 onion sandwich buns
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cabbage (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and set aside.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients thoroughly and marinate chicken for at least 2 hours.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Grill for 10 minutes, basting with marinade.
- Grill buns at the same time chicken is grilling.
- You can also choose to stir fry the chicken and cooking time will decrease significantly, and simply toast the buns under the broiler.
- Put the chicken on the onion buns and add desired toppings. Good served with your favorite coleslaw.
- I use my bread machine onion buns "Recipe #296559".