Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
There's a restaurant here in SoCal called Market Broiler that has these Hawaiian glazed Baby Back Ribs with a Hoisin Barbecue Sauce that is AMAZING. I've been searching for a recipe forever and I found this one on The Splendid Table.com that seems to be similar. Let me know what you think! :)
- 3⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fermented black beans
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic clove
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄4 inches fresh gingerroot, cut into 5 1/4-inch coins
- 2 star anise pods
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients.
- Slowly simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Strain through a mesh strainer before using.
- This can be made several days or more ahead of time and stored, covered, in the refrigerator.