Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quick way to have the "taste" of a hoagie with a bit more salad-Add what you like-there's no "real rules" recipe is for 4 servings,but you could make more or less.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped and washed
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 bakery rolls or 4 hoagie rolls, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb deli ham, chipped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup crumble feta cheese
- salad dressing, your choice
- Tear rolls into bite sized pieces-one roll per serving layer on plate(4 plates/4 servings).
- Layer on cleaned and chopped romaine lettuce.
- Chop tomatoes and divide between four servings.
- Layer on deli ham (you decide how much per serving,but don't skimp -- )divided amongst each serving (1lb I just put as general amount-you may use less for 4 servings,but I used about a 1/2 lb for 2 servings).
- Top with feta cheese (though you could used sliced/chopped provolone or american for more of a "true" hoagie taste).
- At this point-be creative-add more toppings if you like-thin sliced pepperoni,roasted red peppers,olives,etc -- No rules.
- Top with your choice of favorite salad dressings -I prefer a vinagarette style but it's your choice.