Recipe by morgainegeiser
Hillers grocery store taught a cooking class at our local hospital, this recipe was designed especially for our lowfat, high fiber class.
Top Review by Outta Here
This was quick, easy and healthy. I used buffalo, and it is nice not dealing with the "grease" from hamburger. I left out the pinto beans (we don't care for them) and added more kidney beans. Overall pretty good, but I think it needed some ground cumin, so will add that next time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground fresh buffalo or 1 1⁄2 lbs venison
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained well
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained well
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained well
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄2 bunch green onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder