Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This uses cake flour!! From Good Housekeeping by request
Make and share this High-Rise Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Position a rack in the center of the oven, and preheat to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the cake flour, all-purpose flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles small peas.
- Add the half and half, and stir gently just until a soft dough forms.
- Knead the dough in the bowl a few times, just until smooth.
- Do not overwork the dough.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough to 3/4-inch thickness.
- Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out biscuits, Gather up the scraps, reroll, and repeat the procedure until 12 biscuits are cut out.
- Transfer the biscuits to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Makes 1 dozen.