This uses cake flour!! From Good Housekeeping by request
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position a rack in the center of the oven, and preheat to 400°F.
- 2In a medium bowl, sift together the cake flour, all-purpose flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- 3Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles small peas.
- 4Add the half and half, and stir gently just until a soft dough forms.
- 5Knead the dough in the bowl a few times, just until smooth.
- 6Do not overwork the dough.
- 7On a floured work surface, roll out the dough to 3/4-inch thickness.
- 8Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out biscuits, Gather up the scraps, reroll, and repeat the procedure until 12 biscuits are cut out.
- 9Transfer the biscuits to an ungreased baking sheet.
- 10Bake until biscuits are golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 11Serve hot.
- 12Makes 1 dozen.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for High-Rise Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.0
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 25.9 mg
- Sodium 209.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g