Young Structural's Note:
This is a weight training/high protein & low carb diet variant of a recipe I found in a Japanese information booklet. It is a Western-style restaurant dish in Japan. To give credit where it is due, the original recipe is from a restaurant called Taimeiken in the Nihonbashi district of Tokyo.
My Private Note
High Pr ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken thigh into 1cm cubes. Finely chop the onion and thinly slice the mushroom cap.
- 2Keep all ingredients separate.
- 3Melt 5g butter in a hot frying pan.
- 4Saute first the onion, then add chicken and finally the mushroom.
- 5Once the onion is partly transparent and the chicken is nearly pink-free, season with the ketchup.
- 6Add 40 g cooked rice, the wine and season again with some salt and pepper.
- 7Saute until chicken is done and lightly brown. Turn off the heat and leave in pan.
- 8Combine 4 egg whites (discarding the yolks) as well as the 2 eggs (for taste and texture) into a bowl and add a touch of salt and pepper.
- 9Gently mix the egg with 10 to 20 stokes of a fork or chopsticks.
- 10Melt 5g of butter in a new frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 11Pour in the egg mixture.
- 12Spread the egg quickly with 3 broad strokes while moving the frying pan back and forth.
- 13When the egg is half done, place the rice and chicken mixture in, offset to one side.
- 14Take the frying pan off the heat and fold the chicken rice mixture free side of the Omuraisu almost all the way over the chicken rice mixture.
- 15Roll the Omuraisu in the pan by raising one side and tapping the handle so that we gradually wrap the rice inside the omelette.
- 16Keep rolling slowly until the edges of the Ouraisu are again facing up, and then roll once more onto the plate it is to be served upon.
- 17The Omuraisu should have it's edges facing down in the final position, so as to appear to be a regular omelette.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for High Protein Omuraisu Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.4
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 1315.5 mg
- Sodium 920.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 45.5 g