Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy alternative to the box!
- 236.59 ml rolled oats
- 473.18 ml Rice Krispies
- 532.32 ml Fiber One cereal
- 29.58 ml flax seeds
- 59.14 ml oat bran
- 59.14 ml wheat bran
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 29.58 ml peanut butter
- 118.29 ml corn syrup
- 15 marshmallows
- Toast rolled oats in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Combine peanut butter and corn syrup in a small bowl and warm in a microwave; stir until smooth.
- When the oats are toasted put all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir well.
- Add the corn syrup and peanut butter mixture, stirring well again.
- Add the marshmallows, and microwave for one minute.
- Stir the mixture to combine.
- Turn out onto a greased 9x13 pan.
- With greased hands, press the mixture into pan.
- Allow to cool and cut into bars.
Hi...I was searching for a healthy high fiber/low fat/low cal bar and loved this recipe...I have tweaked it out and after about 6 different tries came up with this which is nutritious and tasty... I wanted to lose the corn syrup and Marshmallows as neither are high on a nutritional scale and add some nuts etc for a little more interest. Serving Size 1 Recipe makes 18 servings Calories 150 Dietary Fiber 6g * 1 cup rolled oat * 2 cups Rice Krispies * 2 1/4 cups Fiber One cereal * 2 tablespoons flax seeds * 1/4 cup oat bran * 1/4 cup wheat bran * 1/4 cup ground flax seed * 1/4 cup raisons * 1/3 cup walnut pieces * 1/4 cup sunflower seeds * 1/4 cup small choc chips * 12 dried apricots diced * 1 teaspoon stevia spoonable * 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon * 2 tablespoons peanut butter * 1/4 cup maple syrup * 1 tbsp apple butter * 3 tbsps apricot fruit jam * 1.5 tbsps cornstarch + a little water to make a thick paste 1. Toast rolled oats in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. 2. Combine peanut butter, apple butter and maple syrup in a small bowl, make a paste with the cornstarch and add, warm in a microwave 2 mins; stir until smooth. 3. When the oats are toasted put all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir well. 4. Add the liquid mixture, stirring well again. 5. Stir the mixture to combine. 6. Turn out onto a greased 9X13 dish. 7. Place a sheet of wax paper on top and press the mixture down firmly. 8. Allow to cool in fridge and cut into bars.